Pages

Sunday 5 June 2011

Coco

It had to happen and I had a feeling it would be soon. The arrival of a rival. Yes, one that is cocooned in striped pyjamas. Eyes like pale sea green marbles; no doubt “mewling and puking” in nurse Nancy’s arms. Meet Coco:


I heard my woman aww and coo when she saw its picture on her family’s blog. It is the new owner of my woman’s sister who is called Nancy.
It’s just not fair. My cuteness and cuddle factor should not be toppled and I won’t let it. To rub more salt into my gaping wound, this creature is named after a well known and much admired French fashion designer – whereas I am named (I’ve just recently learned) after some obscure folk singer probably only enjoyed by my man and woman. I’m gutted.
Mirror, mirror on the wall.....

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Love the Shakespeare quote!